Kali Linux 2019.4 Released
The latest version of Kali Linux, 2019.4, has some important improvements including a brand new default desktop environment and an undercover mode that helps penetration testers conduct security assessments in public places without covering their monitors. The undercover mode is designed to appear like a Microsoft Windows desktop to the casual viewer.
Offensive Security has moved Kali Linux from Gnome to Xfce, a lightweight, open source desktop environment for Unix-like operating systems. According to Offensive Security, this move was designed to improve performance and user experience for pentesters.
The other features on new Kali Linux is PowerShell. After that, you will have the ability to run PowerShell scripts directly from Kali.
All updates that Kali Linux 2019.4 includes are:
- A new default desktop environment, Xfce
- New GTK3 theme (for Gnome and Xfce)
- Introduction of “Kali Undercover” mode
- Kali Documentation has a new home and is now Git powered
- Public Packaging – getting your tools into Kali
- Kali NetHunter KeX – Full Kali desktop on Android
- BTRFS during setup
- Added PowerShell
- The kernel is upgraded to version 5.3.9
- Plus the normal bugs fixes and updates.
You can download Kali Linux 2019.4 from the official site.